Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hillbilly hut....pic heavy!

Options
2»

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

When I saw the first couple of light pictures I thought you were making a still.

Awesome !

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Ok so I got a few more thing done now that the weather is getting better again. The better half got me a Kreg system for Christmas and I put it to work this weekend. The screws are a must so that the weather doesn't turn it into a wavy mess but trim will hide the screws for the most part. Before Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Need to build the second one sometime this week. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I think I'm going to build the doors out of the same oak and rip a grove into the inside edges and use some of the cherry trim inset into the frame.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    This is true art!  You're giving me some killer ideas!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• GeorgeS
    Options
    It's been almost a year Of on and off work and tonight I finally got the doors on the hut! photo 265E2FEA-3DF5-42B4-B721-798FBF0E2632_zpsufhuyizw.jpg photo F758CCC2-904D-413A-942C-C84829A63395_zpsosl4abc6.jpg photo BFF776AC-9EE1-4B3C-92C3-0E150E976611_zpssmg9um6w.jpg photo AEC003AC-0B90-45A8-A1FC-A135A08C7A72_zpsdai8oy2u.jpg
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    That is one amazing job right there
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    Thank you very much! At times I have wondered if it would ever get finished!
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    Nice job what is that white stuff blowing around? :-c
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • GeorgeS
    Options
    I have a piece of wood that's bleeding sap and there's a bunch of saw dust from drilling holes for the knobs. I didn't clean up before taking pictures.
  • Dillonjm
    Options
    Really nice setup bro!
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    that is one great coking space you have there
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Kyrstie_Mandarin
    Options
    @GeorgeS
    I think @Texansurf was referring to the snow lol :) Here in TX we don't get the beautiful snow that I am missing from living in KY and WA!