Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meatloaf

Griffin posted a while back some good looking Italian meatloaf which inspired me. I didn't really plan it, just got home from work and threw some stuff together. Didn't have any onion or green pepper, oh well. I used up some beef and sausage that needed to be cooked, put some Italian seasoning and Italian bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, the last of the pepperonis from the fridge, marinara sauce and the last of a jar of tomato pesto.  Mixed it all, shaped it and put some bacon on it. DP Raising the steaks on top(not really Italian but whatever). We will see...imageimage
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• HotchHotch Posts: 3,269

Meatloaf is good comfort food. Simple to put together and great tasting

Nice touch with the bacon.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    Man, this was good. Like a big meat loaf shaped meatball.  Linguine and Vodka sauce, so good.imageimageimage
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,939
    You just caused me to have to make some meatloaf. Looks really good!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 213
    Nice!
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    Oh yeah
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Great looking cook, nice reminder, haven't done a meat loaf in some time. 
    Looks like a Grill Dome extender grid, best thing there is to get the cook an inch or two above the felt line. Really works well for pizza. 

Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
    @Skiddymarker yeah, I use it all the time for pizza. I don't have an AR yet so the dome extender gets a lot of use.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,640
    I like the changes you made. How did the pepperoni in it turn out?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

@Griffin the pepperoni was good, 4 year old especially liked it. We will be doing this again when we have spaghetti since it's so easy and I like it better than normal meatballs.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • That looks incredible and next time I'll definately try it with pepperoni.  Been a few months since the last meatloaf, need to get it back in the rotation.  Thanks for posting

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014