Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Abt's

Options
Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
Made my first Abt's today...they were great...I decided this morning to do them...went to the store in my city...no jalapeño peppers...so got a bag of sweet small yellow and reds...still wanted them the right way. ..so went to a store one town over...what a coincidence...they were making them and had samples so they could sell small packages for 6 bucks...mine were much better and a big hit...Both the sweet ones and the hot ones...I cooked them on a cookie sheet but they were greasy from the bacon..next time I will do them right on the grate.

Sorry no pics...we were running way late.
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    They're addictive. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I usually use both jalapenos and the sweet tri-color peppers when I make them.  They are both great.  The sweet ones are nice to have to offer for those that are skeered of the jalepenos.   I agree about the bacon and also tried that once.  Definitely better to have it elevated so the grease can drip off.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Indirect with a raised drip pan, the best way to cook, right on the grid. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!