Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

50 Days And Counting to Salado Reminder

Options
Yep... Time flies when you're having fun. And it hasn't been that long ago we were all singing "Oh what fun..."

I guess we could coin a variation of that song to say "Oh what fun we're gonna have in Salado" in just 50 days. 49 if you're coming in for the Meet & Greet.

And time is ticking down on some of the advantages of attending Eggfests. Like Demo Eggs and discounted BGE Eggcessories for example. If you want to take advantage of these attractive prices, you need to call Russ at Keith's Ace Hardware in Salado. Here's the link: http://demoeggs.blogspot.com/

And if you are still undecided as to whether to come or not, what else are you going to do that weekend that provides food, entertainment, relaxation, seeing old friends and making new ones, buying new Egg stuff and provides a great opportunity to wear your kilt.

What else can you get for free???

Registration is simple and the information is kept totally confidential except for those of you who are only three people away from a very bad person. Then NSA might pass the info on to someone with 007 authority. But having met thousands of Eggheads and potential Eggheads, I've yet to meet any who are threats to national security.

Here's the Registration link: http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/

And if you have questions, there's about two tons of information here: http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

As always, Operators are standing by to accept your registration on-line rather than you having to stand in a long line in the sun, slowly inching your way toward the registration table.

You're welcome...

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I'm in at the Inn. \:D/
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Trying to get booked at the Inn with no results so far. I guess it's gonna be Mic's basement.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,856
    Options
    I hear some of the "passed our nekkid by the creek" spots are still available.  They are not as private as the "passed out nekkid under the bushes" locations but at this point you may have to settle.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I've yet to meet any who are threats to national security. 

How do you keep missing VI?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Trying to get booked at the Inn with no results so far. I guess it's gonna be Mic's basement.

Only one room left at the Inn: http://www.inncreek.com/?gclid=CMGV4OCblbwCFVFk7AodEi8AIA

go to the above and reg for the Horton room online. Not sure about Wills phone.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I hear some of the "passed our nekkid by the creek" spots are still available.  They are not as private as the "passed out nekkid under the bushes" locations but at this point you may have to settle.
    Never bothered VI, Cazzy, Nola or Centex. Travis was just nekkid all the time......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Options
    Will there be egg'n at the after party?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Yeah. ..5-6 larges
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    What about the pre-party and the pre-afterparty?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Options
    Per month party
  • Foghorn
    Options
    The pre-afterparty is where @henapple sets up the eggs for the afterparty while everybody else tries to get caught up to him in the adult beverage department.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Options
    I thought it was after the fest where most people go and nap and the real drinkers drink. Guess my category. B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    edited January 2014
    Options

Fri night and Saturday night parties only happen if I can keep henapple off the sauce enough to get the Eggs to the Inn on the Creek for said parties.
    photo 7915C56A-65FD-4664-BE3B-7A2A894B9C0E-172-000000075F209FD7_zps06d23a09.jpg

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    The pre-afterparty is where @henapple sets up the eggs for the afterparty while everybody else tries to get caught up to him in the adult beverage department.
    That's because he butt chuggs during the fest itself. He's not allowed to do it in Tennessee anymore.

• Mickey
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dear @Foghorn. Is the above even possible?
    Should i worry about one more thing?

• henapple
    Options
    @Mickey. ..guit posting that embarrassing picture. @Eggcelsior. ..coffee enema, yes. I've never wasted beer.
  • Mickey
    Options

Hell @henapple that picture should not be embarrassing at all. Most people on this forum don't think you can stay sober long enough to ride in the back of a truck anyway... I'm proud of you...

• Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:

Fri night and Saturday night parties only happen if I can keep henapple off the sauce enough to get the Eggs to the Inn on the Creek for said parties.
    photo 7915C56A-65FD-4664-BE3B-7A2A894B9C0E-172-000000075F209FD7_zps06d23a09.jpg
    I guess I'll be hangin' with HA on Friday then. What about Cen-tex. If he's going I'll have to cancel my reservation.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    edited January 2014
    Options

I guess @henapple prefers the bacon pic as his official forum pic by which he shall be known. Go figure.

@Mickey, the list of things you have to worry about is long - and not at all distinguished.

Apparently, butt-chugging is on the list. Given that @Eggcelsior brought it up you should probably keep an eye on him (from a safe distance)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/butt-chugging-wine-alcohol-enema-university-of-tennessee-pi-kappa-alpha_n_1913575.html

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Options
    I can see where it would be a bad day if he gets a little gassy.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • henapple
    Options
    Mickey said:

Hell @henapple that picture should not be embarrassing at all. Most people on this forum don't think you can stay sober long enough to ride in the back of a truck anyway... I'm proud of you...

Why do you think I'm propped up on the eggs. Hell, I knocked one out going back to the inn and you never noticed.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    As every Texan knows, you don't have to be sober to ride in the back of a truck... Just sober enough to climb into it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    Options
    Climb in it...not stay in it.