Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Found: a great flank steak marinade

Guys, I have found an awesome marinade for steak.  Rave reviews. 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 11/2 TBS worcestershire (sp?) sauce 1 TBS Dijon mustard 2 cloves minced garlic 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper Make ahead a time so the flavors can blend. I like to stir often.  Then put steaks in zip lock bag, pour in marinade and squeeze out the air.   Marinade for 1 - 2 hours.  I also drizzle a little bit on the steaks while they grill.  Hope you like as much as we do.
Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.

Comments

• JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 724
    Oh, forgot to say that I tenderized the flank steak with meat pounder prior to grilling direct. Then slice very thin. Tender and yummy.
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,544
    Wow that is almost exact marinade my mom used on flank growing up.  SOOO GOOD it was my birthday dinner request almost every year growing up!  My favorite slices were always the ends (or the tail as my dad called it) because soaks up so much marinade and gets crispy.  Thanks for posting, I gotta make this ASAP.
    Columbus, Ohio
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,093
    That sounds great- thanks for sharing the recipe.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NDGNDG Posts: 1,544
    I just looked up my moms marinade - so similar - but few differences.  Never seen ratios but I posted our ingredients below to get some creative juices flowing for others.  I am craving some flank right now! 
    • Soy sauce
    • Honey
    • Garlic 
    • Dijon (pretty much/ balance with honey)
    • Touch of sesame oil
    • Olive Oil
    • Balsamic vinegar
    Columbus, Ohio
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 475
    edited January 2014
    Very similar to mine but I use Coleman's instead of Dijon, and a splash of Tabasco
  • Used this last night and it was really good. Thanks for sharing!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • boochsr71boochsr71 Posts: 266
    looks awesome!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• JRWescoJRWesco Posts: 57
    Flank steak is underrated!! Looks great!
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,721
    Love flank steak!  Thanks for sharing!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX