Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found: a great flank steak marinade

Options
Guys, I have found an awesome marinade for steak.  Rave reviews. 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 11/2 TBS worcestershire (sp?) sauce 1 TBS Dijon mustard 2 cloves minced garlic 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper Make ahead a time so the flavors can blend. I like to stir often.  Then put steaks in zip lock bag, pour in marinade and squeeze out the air.   Marinade for 1 - 2 hours.  I also drizzle a little bit on the steaks while they grill.  Hope you like as much as we do.
Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say that I tenderized the flank steak with meat pounder prior to grilling direct. Then slice very thin. Tender and yummy.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Wow that is almost exact marinade my mom used on flank growing up.  SOOO GOOD it was my birthday dinner request almost every year growing up!  My favorite slices were always the ends (or the tail as my dad called it) because soaks up so much marinade and gets crispy.  Thanks for posting, I gotta make this ASAP.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That sounds great- thanks for sharing the recipe.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I just looked up my moms marinade - so similar - but few differences.  Never seen ratios but I posted our ingredients below to get some creative juices flowing for others.  I am craving some flank right now! 
    • Soy sauce
    • Honey
    • Garlic 
    • Dijon (pretty much/ balance with honey)
    • Touch of sesame oil
    • Olive Oil
    • Balsamic vinegar
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Very similar to mine but I use Coleman's instead of Dijon, and a splash of Tabasco
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Used this last night and it was really good. Thanks for sharing!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    looks awesome!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Options
    Flank steak is underrated!! Looks great!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love flank steak!  Thanks for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.