Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anova questions

Options
You guys with the Anova unit...where did you get it? Their website suggests a 21 day time til receiving it...is that accurate or a worst case scenerio? What do you use for the vessel and does it clip securely?
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Mine took less than a week, was about 2 months ago, ordered from their site. I use an old stock pot, yes it does "clip" securely, actually it is a clamp. Anything that is at least 8" deep works. Circulation is adjustable and works very well.  
    I can understand the 21 day delivery, it is a good unit, I have a friend with a PolyScience and the Anova has performed very well. Time will tell if it was a good deal.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    I have the Anova. My wife ordered it at Christmas. It came within a week. I am currently using my large stock pot which it very securely clamps to. I could turn it upside down with the Anova on with no problem. I am getting a cambro container that I will insulate for longer cooks.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Thanks all...I asked on thier Facebook too...they responded that all orders after Jan 1 will ship in 21 days...the wait may kill me but I am sure it will be worth it.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...