Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled chicken

Options
First attempt and I learned that the thigh meat turned out much better than the breast meat. I rubbed them and cooked at 350 indirect to 200 degrees for the dark meat and 185 the white meat.
I NEVER eat thigh meat but I did this time and it was amazing! It's cool an old dog like me can still learn new tricks.
Thanks to jls9595 for the vinegar BBQ sauce. It's by far my favorite to date!
Nowhere Indiana

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you want to pull white meat chicken buy bone in skin on split chicken breasts and cook indirect at 350 to 160 degrees and foil for a half hour after they come off. I pull back the skin and put a pad of butter then season and pull the skin back over.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Thighs are always great.  I generally cook to 165 in the breast, it will pull better and be more juicy. Glad you liked Elder Ward's sauce, it's one of my favorites.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    I was reading in the poultry section and mostly read 200 degrees to pull the chicken worked great.
    I will try at 165 next time as the 200 really dried out the breast meat but it was still good.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    Lit said:

If you want to pull white meat chicken buy bone in skin on split chicken breasts and cook indirect at 350 to 160 degrees and foil for a half hour after they come off. I pull back the skin and put a pad of butter then season and pull the skin back over.

This sounds really good. Will have to try this next time.
    Nowhere Indiana