Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clermont FL- Anyone know any good restaurants in the area?

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
In FL for a bit, looking for a good restaurant suggestion, particularly sea food. Figured it would be a long shot here but it was worth trying.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• gmac
    Options
    Ok, gonna take that as a no. Bone fish grill it is. Not the best choice I'm sure but good enough I guess.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

An uncle used to have a house on Lake Minnehaha and my parents are now about 20 minutes from there.  When you first posted the question I racked my brain and even did a Tripadvisor search of the area.  The only seafood restaurant ranked in the top 25% in the area is Red Lobster - and it's ranking is about the same as IHOP...

I was hoping somebody else would chime in with something good for you. 

If you are looking for fine dining and don't mind driving 25 minutes you could try the Chef's Table at the Edgewater - or maybe find some other option in Winter Garden (20-25 minutes) or Windermere (about 30 minutes) to the east.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• gmac
    Options
    Thanks Foghorn. Thing is, we can get RL at home. I know this is not a fine dining destination but its SWMBO's bday and she loves sea food. I did TripAd search first hoping for something great before I posted. Gonna be bonefish and maybe Joes Crab Shack later this week. This week is kids first so it's more Disneyland than grown up stuff.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    The options on Disney property have improved dramatically over the 24 years since I last worked there. You might see what is available there. It will be overpriced but the atmosphere is great.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    The options on Disney property have improved dramatically over the 24 years since I last worked there. You might see what is available there. It will be overpriced but the atmosphere is great. For the kids, Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom is a good option. The wait times there are much shorter than they are at the one in Downtown Disney...

San Antonio, TX

• gmac
    edited January 2014
    Options
    We are doing just 1 day at the Magic Kingdom. Will see what food options there are and maybe try to mike a reservation if possible for something nice. You worked there about the last time I went. Also doing Universal and Kennedy to get the kids some science.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    If you saw Br'er Bear breakdancing in the parade it was me.

Kennedy is a great take. You should be able to find some good seafood while you are over there.

San Antonio, TX

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Not much in Clermont. Red lobster and bone fish is about it. Cítricos at the Grand Floridian is very good. Also Emerils at City Walk is good. Have fun! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • flexfusion
    Options
    I traveled that area long ago and there was an excellent BarBQ restaurant on the main north - south highway.  The area was known in the ag trade as the upper ridge.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    That might be the Oakwood restaurant and it's not the same as it once was. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !