Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Huge surprise!

Options
2»

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    If that's how Thanksgiving is celebrated at your house, can I come see how you roll at Christmas?
    Flint, Michigan
  • dimitrios713
    Options

I can bet your friends and family don't want any type of re-payment.  Watching you enjoy the fruits of their labor and the fact you thanked them and appreciate what they did for you is enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Coral Springs, Florida- Dimitrious

• shadowcaster
    Options
    BigWader said:
    Hahaha thanks guys! Yea I have an awesome family and friends. I told them they shouldn't have done all that and they responded "hey you cook for us alllll the time, we figured you should start doing it with style now". Not sure how I will ever repay them.
    I'm thinking 60 day dry aged prime rib dinner - probably cost as much as the table depending on how many friends you have
    Not a bad idea, I'm sure they would all love it.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    Sometimes people are pretty awesome.. Pay it foward..maybe to someone you dont know
    Beaufort, SC
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Beautiful, and they kept it a secret! What a surprise. Enjoy the day with great friends and family, nothing better. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous, I guess the only way to top that is getting a lifetime supply of lumps  :D

btw, I would look into getting the BGE table nest or ceramic feet to create a space immediate below the bottom of each egg to eliminate the chance of charring/burning the wood below the granite(?), just saying
    :)
    canuckland
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    That's awesome man, you have some great friends and family.

Enjoy that beautiful set-up!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    That's awesome man, you have some great friends and family.

Enjoy that beautiful set-up!!!!

Yes I do, and I will definitely enjoy!
    Pure Michigan
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    That's Awesome! All my friends do for me is drink all my booze, and pee with the toilet seat down. 

Can we trade friends please?
    Your friends pee inside?
    Ha, Only some of my wife's civilized ones, most of mine walk in circles in my yard and then pee in Moyer old pee spots

We then argue over bones and pig ears.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• shadowcaster
    Options
    The turkey turned out great! The whole family loved it, my first step in saying Thanks! Looks like the turkey will be my job from now on. The skin was a beautiful golden brown and the meat was so moist! I was a little nervous as I haven't done a turkey yet but I was extremely happy with how it turned out. This was by far my best thanksgiving! 
    Pure Michigan
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Very nice.  Great friends you've got there.
    How did you get the Eggs into the table?  What's holding them up?  
    If you click on the picture of the whole table, you can notice the sad, pathetic gas grill sitting lonely and unloved in the neighbours yard, almost like it's just sitting there jealous.  Makes feel sort of sad for it.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    gmac said:
    Very nice.  Great friends you've got there.
    How did you get the Eggs into the table?  What's holding them up?  
    If you click on the picture of the whole table, you can notice the sad, pathetic gas grill sitting lonely and unloved in the neighbours yard, almost like it's just sitting there jealous.  Makes feel sort of sad for it.
    haha i didn't even notice that in the picture. That is actually an auto shop next door to me and I have never seen them use that grill in the 2 1/2 yrs I've been there. WHat you don't see in the pic either is my Weber, which still gets used. 

The medium was real easy to get in there, the large it took 3 of us. We lifted it out of the nest that it was in and into the table, one guy guided it down from below. It actually wasn't too bad. The eggs are sitting on a piece of granite, below the granite is the shelf made of 1" plywood. They made a U-shaped bracket under the shelf for added support, should be strong enough to hold a few hundred pounds. The table itself is actually 3 pieces, but you cant really tell by looking at it. My buddy that built it is a builder and is really good at trim and small details so it looks seamless.
    Pure Michigan
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited November 2013
    Options
    shadowcaster sorry don't mean to scare you, just a friendly reminder re importance of leaving some space immediately below the egg...

photos from 1st link above:

photo from 2nd link above:

canuckland
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That is too beautiful for words.  Your friends are awesome.  I am going to send this to my friends to let them know how much they suck :P. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• shadowcaster
    Options
    @Canugghead - thanks for the heads up and the advice, I figured that the granite would not transfer the heat like a piece of stone would but I might be wrong and do not want to risk it. As you can see i have the medium sitting on a piece of fire treated 1" plywood and a piece of 10 ga steel from my old table. The medium sits just a little low so the hinge hits the table upon opening so I was already thinking of the nest as a fix. For an additional $26 or so I am going to get one for the Large. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    Pure Michigan