Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Party

In Laws, 2nd Daughter, and Brother Unit.  Three pepperoni and sausage, and one bacon and sausage.  Had one whole leftover to distribute.  Cyrano de Birdiac was supervising.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,204
    Nice cook Doc! They look great!
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great. Nice job Doc.
    Yum!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HoovHoov Posts: 259
    That looks great! Does the extra capacity with the XL Egg lend itself to longer cooks, or does heating up more ceramic mass counteract the increased capacity? I'm always afraid I'll run out of lump on a pizza party with my large.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    Looks great.
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • Pizza heaven! Nice cook!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    Now that'sa pizza party!! I've been craving pizza lately. Might need to go on the menu this week.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hoov said:
    That looks great! Does the extra capacity with the XL Egg lend itself to longer cooks, or does heating up more ceramic mass counteract the increased capacity? I'm always afraid I'll run out of lump on a pizza party with my large.
    You will never run out of lump unless you want to keep it over 1,000 for 30 minutes.  In my opinion the XL is the most versatile.  You can do big cooks, small cooks, direct and indirect at the same time, load a lot of lump or a little lump.  I might take a little longer to really heat-soak the dome than my medium, but not much.  The stock fire grate pulls enough air that there are no air flow issues, and it works fine even with a lot of ash in the pit.  The only thing it ain't is light.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Great cook Mr. Pie Man....looks good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.