Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggs on the Egg

Breakfast.  I have more Egging capacity than I normally need.  I have taken to storing the griddle on the LBGE, which has sort of turned it into the dedicated griddle-ing Egg..
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    Man I love the looks of that Kettle Q.  Do you use it for breakfast only or do you cook other stuff as well?
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,451
    Just got it.  Going to fry fish on it, and I will do some veggies with it.  Of course you could do hamburger and hot dogs and such.  I think we will still prefer burgers done direct, but I might heat the griddle to toast the buns.  It is a work in progress.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,678
    I have been considering getting one for a while now. Do you recommend it?

If you look you will find a lot of mixed comments.  I cook almost all our meals on the Eggs, and this gives me another dimension.  I believe we will use it.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Is that a pizza stone underneath for indirect?  It doesnt look like a regular plate setter.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,451
    That is a Woo with a pizza stone sized for a Medium BGE.  That just fits on the lower ring of the Woo.  That lets a lot of heat around the side but keeps the center of the griddle indirect.  The griddle sits on the grid.  I heat the Egg and griddle up to my target temp and let it soak for a long time, then when I cook the heat around the side keeps hitting the griddle.  This way I don't have regulation problems like you might get with a wok.  I don't want the griddle to get wok hot.  I also close the dome on the griddle for anything that takes time, for example on this cook I closed the dome for a minute while doing the pancakes, but kept it open for the brief time I worked the scrambled eggs.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,128
    Eggs on the Egg?  I would expect nothing less from @Doc_Eggerton

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I just use my comal.

Dripping Springs, Texas.