Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs on the Egg

Options
Breakfast.  I have more Egging capacity than I normally need.  I have taken to storing the griddle on the LBGE, which has sort of turned it into the dedicated griddle-ing Egg..

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• BobsBGE
    BobsBGE Posts: 99
    Options
    Man I love the looks of that Kettle Q.  Do you use it for breakfast only or do you cook other stuff as well?
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Just got it.  Going to fry fish on it, and I will do some veggies with it.  Of course you could do hamburger and hot dogs and such.  I think we will still prefer burgers done direct, but I might heat the griddle to toast the buns.  It is a work in progress.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I have been considering getting one for a while now. Do you recommend it?

Options
    If you look you will find a lot of mixed comments.  I cook almost all our meals on the Eggs, and this gives me another dimension.  I believe we will use it.

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Is that a pizza stone underneath for indirect?  It doesnt look like a regular plate setter.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    That is a Woo with a pizza stone sized for a Medium BGE.  That just fits on the lower ring of the Woo.  That lets a lot of heat around the side but keeps the center of the griddle indirect.  The griddle sits on the grid.  I heat the Egg and griddle up to my target temp and let it soak for a long time, then when I cook the heat around the side keeps hitting the griddle.  This way I don't have regulation problems like you might get with a wok.  I don't want the griddle to get wok hot.  I also close the dome on the griddle for anything that takes time, for example on this cook I closed the dome for a minute while doing the pancakes, but kept it open for the brief time I worked the scrambled eggs.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Eggs on the Egg?  I would expect nothing less from @Doc_Eggerton

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I just use my comal.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious