Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

brisket stall

Hoping for a little brisket advice.  Put a 10lb beauty on last night at 7. Been cooking between 225 and 250.  I've hit a stall at 175.  I need to have it ready around 1. Should I wrap in foil to speed it up?
Thanks

Comments

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 771
    I think you will be ok, once it starts rising it will progress fairly fast.

Gerhard
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2013
    Depending on how long you've been in the stall wrapping may be a good idea. If you've been there over an hour then you might not need to but, wrapping certainly won't hurt anything if you need to pull it off in the next hour or so.

[Edit] - I guess it's only 9:00am where you are so you've got an hour more than I first thought. I might go another hour before making a decision. You can also bump your temp up 20-25* to move things along a little faster.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • I think it's been in the stall for over an hour but I think im cutting it close on time now even if it comes out soon. Figuring on at least an hour ftc. Thanks for the help.  I'm going to wrap it. 
    Once wrapped, should I bump the heat up?
  • I don't wrap but I don't see why bumping the heat would hurt.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.