Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket stall

Options
Hoping for a little brisket advice.  Put a 10lb beauty on last night at 7. Been cooking between 225 and 250.  I've hit a stall at 175.  I need to have it ready around 1. Should I wrap in foil to speed it up?
Thanks

Comments

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I think you will be ok, once it starts rising it will progress fairly fast.

Gerhard
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Depending on how long you've been in the stall wrapping may be a good idea. If you've been there over an hour then you might not need to but, wrapping certainly won't hurt anything if you need to pull it off in the next hour or so.

[Edit] - I guess it's only 9:00am where you are so you've got an hour more than I first thought. I might go another hour before making a decision. You can also bump your temp up 20-25* to move things along a little faster.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I think it's been in the stall for over an hour but I think im cutting it close on time now even if it comes out soon. Figuring on at least an hour ftc. Thanks for the help.  I'm going to wrap it. 
    Once wrapped, should I bump the heat up?
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I don't wrap but I don't see why bumping the heat would hurt.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.