Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Plate setter & brisket

I'm doing a brisket (Texas) for only the second time & I think that the first time I had the plate setter legs-down & put it right on there, but this time I have it legs-up with the grill & brisket & no drip pan.  Wondering what the best/your favorite set up is for brisket?  This is for an Egg-off for a company barbeque (I posted a few days ago, and thank you everyone for your advice!  Especially the video on trimming it) so the pressure is on.

• I have the plate setter legs up, drip pan and grill with brisket right on the grill.
    Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto, XL-BGE
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited September 2013
    Good luck! You'll be fine.

Drip Pan

Some people raise the drip pan off of the platesetter with little hex nuts so that the drippings don't burn in the drip pan. This also helps in terms of air flow in the egg.

Some people also add a little water or apple juice in the drip pan to allow some extra steam to moisturize the beef (this also helps prevent the drippings from burning in the drip pan and causing a burnt taste on the meat).

You'll be fine. Just get the egg stable and cook to temp. Keep it simple.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget to let us know how it turns out!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer