Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter & brisket

Options

I'm doing a brisket (Texas) for only the second time & I think that the first time I had the plate setter legs-down & put it right on there, but this time I have it legs-up with the grill & brisket & no drip pan.  Wondering what the best/your favorite set up is for brisket?  This is for an Egg-off for a company barbeque (I posted a few days ago, and thank you everyone for your advice!  Especially the video on trimming it) so the pressure is on.

Thanks!

Comments

• Don_Piero
    Options
    I have the plate setter legs up, drip pan and grill with brisket right on the grill.
    Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Good luck! You'll be fine.

Brisket
    Grid
    Drip Pan
    Platesetter
    Charcoal

Some people raise the drip pan off of the platesetter with little hex nuts so that the drippings don't burn in the drip pan. This also helps in terms of air flow in the egg.

Some people also add a little water or apple juice in the drip pan to allow some extra steam to moisturize the beef (this also helps prevent the drippings from burning in the drip pan and causing a burnt taste on the meat).

You'll be fine. Just get the egg stable and cook to temp. Keep it simple.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Don't forget to let us know how it turns out!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer