Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gameday Fah-hee-tahs

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 7,178
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Bad news - my team lost. Good news - the entire NFC East lost. On to the highlights...

I marinated skirt steaks for 3 hours in Mojo since I had some left over and I was feeling lazy. After the game, I fired up the Egg with the baking steel on egg feet above an inverted plate setter. I dialed the egg in around 500.

While the egg stabilized, I sliced up red and white onions plus red and yellow bell peppers. I tossed them with a little oil and Fajita-ish DP seasoning. I also made tortilla dough. Then on the peppers went.

I pounded my meat then seasoned it with the DP(I also did chicken).

I then seared the chicken first.

imageimage

At the last minute, I decided on some tomatoes, so I tossed them on with the steak for an umami bomb.

All sexy and stuff.

Like I said, I was feeling lazy, so I ate off paper plates. Oh, and I took crappy cellphone pics. Homemade tortillas are where it's at. They would make cardboard taste good. The fajitas were fantastic.

Comments