Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New EGGsperimental Fire Roasted Veggie Pizzas

Howdy,

Last night I decided to try a couple of new pizza ideas I came up with on the Egg. I was making 2 different fire roasted veggie pizzas.

These are all the different veggies I cooked on the Mini while the Large was hard at work heating up the pizza stone.

For both pizzas I made a sun-dried tomato and basil pesto sauce by first toasting some pine nuts, then tossing them into the blender with some fresh basil, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and asiago cheese.

The first pizza I made was a grilled Asparagus & Artichoke Heart pizza with caramalized onions, toasted pine nuts and goat cheese.

The second pizza was a roasted onion, red pepper, mushroom, tomato and zucchini pizza topped with fresh Brie.

Our friends made a great deconstructed tomato, cucumber and avocado salad and we served it up with some wine and good times!!!

These EGGsperimental pizzas are going into the rotation. Loved them both!!! I can`t believe I have never tried grilling artichoke hearts before! I hit them with just a squirt of lemon juice and olive oil and man they were good!!!

If you want to see all the pictures of the Mini at work check out my full blog post here

Thanks for lookin!
Brian
EGGhead from Winnipeg MB, Canada = WinnipEGGhead
wwww.winnipeggheads.com

Cooking on Mini, Large & XL Big Green Eggs

Comments