Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chuck Roast Burnt Ends

Had some chuck roast in the freezer and decided to try chuck roast burnt ends.

Very tender and quoting the wife..."WOW..these are really good!" I think I will count that as a success!

Used Oakridge Beef rub, that stuff is awesome.

250 at the grate indirect.
When the chuck roast hit 165 I foiled and put them back on and let them go to 190 - 195.
Cubed them, into an aluminum pan, added a little more rub and sauce. Aluminum pan back onto the egg uncovered for 2 more hours. I did stir the cubes at the one hour mark and again at the 45 minute mark. No real reason other than I cannot break the habit of checking on what I have cooking.
Took about 5 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Nice!  That's in interesting variation of pulled beef.  I could see serving them this way with a group of people on occasion instead of serving the shredded beef sandwiches.  Good idea.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• HotchHotch Posts: 1,527

Dave did you end up with any bark on these?

These look great.

=D>

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• I've been itching to try a bone in chuck roast side by side with a pork butt.
  • Curios on the bark. The cook looks absolutely awesome!!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,148
    Awesome! I so want to try this. SWMBO loves burnt ends, but I like to slice and eat the point. Now we can both get our favorites. Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch said:

Dave did you end up with any bark on these?

These look great.

=D>
    Some of the pieces had a nice bark to them and some didn't.  Those that had that nice char on them were my favorite.  I went to get some last night for supper and they were almost gone.  I asked the wife if she had given some to her friend?  Reply "no, those things are just so darn good, I keep eating them like popcorn."  I'll can see I will be making these again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • I have a chuck roast on the Egg right now as a matter of fact...I just might do this!
  • I decided to go this route too so we'll se how it turns out!