Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plano Outlaw Gathering Registration now open!

Options

Please join us for the fifth annual Plano Fest.  No kilts necessary!  Just bring your BGE, everything you need to cook plus an appetite!  No need to plan to feed 200-300 tasters as this is a closed affair, much like the Pat Fest in FL. This event is simply a gathering of Eggheads cooking for other Eggheads for the mutual benefit of meeting oldtimers/newcomers on the forum(s), sharing great food/beverages, recipes, cooking techniques, etc. in a relaxed atmosphere at a couple of terrific venues.  We guarantee you will have a great time, or your money back!  J  Just kidding, there are NO charges for attendance.

To register, please go to: http://www.planooutlaweggfest.com/

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Oh, you can bring your coolers!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What if you're not sure you can make it?
    Limited number of slots?
    Any loaner eggs?

Thanks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hornhonk
    Options
    If you're not sure, just show up if you can. No limited slots. We'll have some loaner eggs. Just tell me what you need and I'll make it happen!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Thanks... I'll keep in touch. Hope to make it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I don't think I can make it this year, but I would have loved to since it is within driving distance. Sounds like it will be a blast!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    We're going to try to make it.  I'll know in a week or so.  Approximately how many people do you expect (trying to gauge how much to cook)?  And can I bring another father/son combo if they are not eggheads yet, but are giving serious thought to taking the plunge?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• hornhonk
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    We're going to try to make it.  I'll know in a week or so.  Approximately how many people do you expect (trying to gauge how much to cook)?  And can I bring another father/son combo if they are not eggheads yet, but are giving serious thought to taking the plunge?
    Yes, bring them. Friends are welcome. No idea on the amount of people yet. In a month or so, I should have a guesstimate.