Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT OT OT BMW R1200 GS WC

AviatorAviator Posts: 1,523

Was at my dealer today for no apparent reason. :) You know.

After a test ride on a all new water cooled GS 1200, asked what they planned to do with the demo bike for the rest of the weekend? They all looked at each other and asked: do you want to keep it and ride the weekend? Oh yeah! Brought her home. Gonna ride the piss outta it. This is a stock photo, will add pics tomorrow.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·

Comments

• MklineMkline Posts: 177
    Nice score and they are nice bikes.

I have been contemplating trading in my st1300 for one of these. But I don't want to give up the extended windshield coverage for winter and rain riding.

Give us an overall report after you return it.
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 752
    What's the sticker shock on that bad boy?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,195
    Aviator said:  They all looked at each other and asked: do you want to keep it and ride the weekend? Oh yeah!  They all looked at each other and said, quietly: yay, another sale! 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,195
    edited August 2013
    ^^^ fixed!

(I HATE this damn forum's "quote" bugs!!!)  :-t

I just bought an '09 this spring, have become a real fan of the "Pig"!  Would've really loved the WC, but dayam that's about what I paid for my Saab, a decade ago!  The electronic cruise control is a real temptation (ironically I just installed a Kruz Locker throttle lock on my bike this weekend).  Anxious to hear your impressions, and how much you agree to pay (and you will, you will).  

:D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 458
    Slippery slope....BTDT. Those crafty dealers and their puppy-dog closes....err, no pressure test drives
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • I'd love to try one.  I'm about to put my 1994 R1150RT on the market (wife is more comfortable on the Goldwing).  A watercooled GS would be a wonderful 2nd bike.  
    ·
  • Had a 97 GS and a 09 GSA. Love the platform. Also had a 94 RS and while I generally liked the bike it convinced me that I would never Beta test another BMW. I'll wait a year or two while they work out the bugs. As much as I like the benefits of a water cooled bike I really don't want the first model year.
    ·
  • FlyingTivoFlyingTivo Posts: 341
    Still deciding between the new Indian Vintage or the GS1200R. The main problem is I have a bunch of friends in both groups of bikes. Sooo tempting!!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
    ·