Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT OT OT BMW R1200 GS WC

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757

Was at my dealer today for no apparent reason. :) You know.

After a test ride on a all new water cooled GS 1200, asked what they planned to do with the demo bike for the rest of the weekend? They all looked at each other and asked: do you want to keep it and ride the weekend? Oh yeah! Brought her home. Gonna ride the piss outta it. This is a stock photo, will add pics tomorrow.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Options
    Nice score and they are nice bikes.

I have been contemplating trading in my st1300 for one of these. But I don't want to give up the extended windshield coverage for winter and rain riding.

Give us an overall report after you return it.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    What's the sticker shock on that bad boy?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Aviator said:  They all looked at each other and asked: do you want to keep it and ride the weekend? Oh yeah!  They all looked at each other and said, quietly: yay, another sale! 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ^^^ fixed!

(I HATE this damn forum's "quote" bugs!!!)  :-t

I just bought an '09 this spring, have become a real fan of the "Pig"!  Would've really loved the WC, but dayam that's about what I paid for my Saab, a decade ago!  The electronic cruise control is a real temptation (ironically I just installed a Kruz Locker throttle lock on my bike this weekend).  Anxious to hear your impressions, and how much you agree to pay (and you will, you will).  

:D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Slippery slope....BTDT. Those crafty dealers and their puppy-dog closes....err, no pressure test drives
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • BugCollector
    Options
    I'd love to try one.  I'm about to put my 1994 R1150RT on the market (wife is more comfortable on the Goldwing).  A watercooled GS would be a wonderful 2nd bike.  
  • Vegas Eggus
    Options
    Had a 97 GS and a 09 GSA. Love the platform. Also had a 94 RS and while I generally liked the bike it convinced me that I would never Beta test another BMW. I'll wait a year or two while they work out the bugs. As much as I like the benefits of a water cooled bike I really don't want the first model year.
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    Still deciding between the new Indian Vintage or the GS1200R. The main problem is I have a bunch of friends in both groups of bikes. Sooo tempting!!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!