Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This is crazy

I wanted to cook five wings for lunch today.  I could fit five wings on the mini, I am pretty certain of it.  The mini uses almost no charcoal, in fact I think the charcoal mates in there and makes more every time I cook.  But ever since getting the XL, I just want to use it.  Its like having a prius, but wanting to drive the F350 to work every day, crushing any prius in your way.

The wings in brown sugar and granulated garlic only:

Put the charcoal basket from my Weber Performer in to get a direct/indirect setup:

Put the wings on (this looks ridiculous):

Add franks and melted butter, and eat:

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I think I may have wanted 5 more! Looks awesome!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    You are correct that does appear crazy if you have a mini in the vicinity. But the EGGers are CRAZY  :))
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 498
    I noticed that only 4 wings made it to the plate after the cook...  ;)
    ·
  • You should have gone to store and bought more wings...that's crazy

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,197
    I do partial lump cook on the XL all the time.  Welcome to understanding the usefulness of the big cooker.  A Mini would be great to transport, but you can cook on any size using no more lump.  Just light what you need.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Call me maybe?
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,964
    The ceramic interior of your XL is much too white and virginal.  You need to host a humongous pizza party for SLC and one dude from Ogden, and get her dirtied up.   :-??

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·