Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boom shaka laka

While perusing Wegmans, I spotted a bright orange sticker by the beef. I quickly pranced over like Mr. Burns in his gorilla vest. Voilà! Prime, Dry aged Angus cowboy Ribeye for 13.49 a pound. I had to carry it out like the nervous kid in math class does with his book when he is called up to write on the board to hide my excitement.

imageimage
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Score! Can't wait for the cook.
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,400
    That batch has been recalled. send it to and I will dispose of it for you.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Sweet
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    I'm curious as to how much the bone ended up costing you. Can you weigh it for us when you are done?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Steak with a handle, I like it.
    Round Rock, TX
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    edited August 2013

Happy about one thing. These days grocery stores are starting to carry a few of the more exotic cuts of meat. I remember that was not the case not too long ago.

@eggcelcior, always wanted to try the cowboy ribeyes, but am afraid what I will be told if I bring it home. There is already a complaint that I eat too much meat.

:-O

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Ha! See my loafers? Former gophers!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,359
    That's gonna be some good eats! 

It is a little odd how on choice grade they tend to trim off the bone close to the meat, but on prime grade they make you pay for the entire bone!  I would gnaw that sucker down to the marrow to get my $$ worth ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,833
    Enjoy....looks wonderful. All about presentation with meat that good, the cowboy handle needs to be served on a platter.  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    It looks good. How long was it aged any Idea? My favorite cowboy ribeyes are 30 to 40 days.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,157
    six_egg said:
    It looks good. How long was it aged any Idea? My favorite cowboy ribeyes are 30 to 40 days.
    I believe Wegman's dry ages their stuff around 48 days.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,022
    bad to the bone

·
  • Grizzly bear underwear!
    ·