Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Cedar Planked Salmon & First TB Pats (Pics)

mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182

Two firsts for us today on the LBGE.  We did cedar planked salmon and twice baked potatoes tonight.  Both were fantastic and we'll definitely do them again.  Not the best photos in the world sadly, but the food was great.

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Nice!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,962
    Looks great!  The twice baked came out perfect looking.  Did you stuff the "meat" from a whole potato into one half of the skin?  

I hope you ate more salmon than is in the plated pic.  That's one big bite for me ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    edited July 2013

Looks great!  The twice baked came out perfect looking.  Did you stuff the "meat" from a whole potato into one half of the skin?  

I hope you ate more salmon than is in the plated pic.  That's one big bite for me ;)
    So funny about the amounts. It was a cause of controversy that night. The salmon was from Costco (frozen) and my wife only took out three pieces to defrost. I made my marinade and went to grab the six filets only to see three -- for three people. Dang!

On the potatoes, I cut off the top 3rd of each potato and took most of the meat from the bottom portion (leaving enough to keep the shape) and took all the meat from that top 3rd. I used heavy whipping cream, butter, green onions and a shredded Mexican cheese mix left over from our fajitas recently. We then put cheddar on top at the end of the cook. They were awesome.