Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cedar Planked Salmon & First TB Pats (Pics)

mb99zz
mb99zz Posts: 183

Two firsts for us today on the LBGE.  We did cedar planked salmon and twice baked potatoes tonight.  Both were fantastic and we'll definitely do them again.  Not the best photos in the world sadly, but the food was great.

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Nice!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks great!  The twice baked came out perfect looking.  Did you stuff the "meat" from a whole potato into one half of the skin?  

I hope you ate more salmon than is in the plated pic.  That's one big bite for me ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    edited July 2013

Looks great!  The twice baked came out perfect looking.  Did you stuff the "meat" from a whole potato into one half of the skin?  

I hope you ate more salmon than is in the plated pic.  That's one big bite for me ;)
    So funny about the amounts. It was a cause of controversy that night. The salmon was from Costco (frozen) and my wife only took out three pieces to defrost. I made my marinade and went to grab the six filets only to see three -- for three people. Dang!

On the potatoes, I cut off the top 3rd of each potato and took most of the meat from the bottom portion (leaving enough to keep the shape) and took all the meat from that top 3rd. I used heavy whipping cream, butter, green onions and a shredded Mexican cheese mix left over from our fajitas recently. We then put cheddar on top at the end of the cook. They were awesome.