Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

steakstones...

has anyone here used steakstones at home?
I was at a restaurant in florida and the wife and I thought it was great.
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,438
    No but I used Kidney stones & they wern't good. :((

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • i know these are not as good as mangrates, but i wanted to know if they are too much of a mess? too much smoke to be worth it?

·
  • I don't know what they are but I am curious.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,022
    Just get a salt block. Same idea but still on the egg and adds flavor. The place in Florida you went was Colorado fondue? If not its the same principle cook your food on a 500 degree stone that's brought out to your table.
    ·
  • Yeah, we got one of those places near here.  Nice date place.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    edited July 2013
    Local place here doing Hot Rock Steaks. Pretty good steak, but a bit too much salt for my taste. May work well on the Egg. http://www.flinchys.com/home-of-the-hot-rock
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    Anyone north of Seattle check out Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo, they have 750 degree stone to cook your steak or fish on, the beer is good too.
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    Yes we have the stones, not as good as what comes off the Egg tho. They are kinda spendy for what they are but I got mine off from Facebook rummages(cheep) I will post pic's next time we use them, Mite be a while tho, we don't use em much

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·