Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Learn more from mistakes

I've come to the continued realization that I learn more from my mistakes than my successes. The most recent mistake was with macaroni and cheese. I make it from scratch with 2 parts Colby cheddar to one part Sharp. Starting with a bechamel with fat, flour, mustard, red pepper, and minced garlic, and building to a mornay with the cheese I was ready to bake my creation on the egg with some apple wood for smoke flavor. My mistake was two fold, first using a new charcoal and second not waiting long enough until all the VOC's burned off. What I produced tasted and smelled of the acrid chemicals instead of the mild cheese and the light smoke flavor I wanted. The lesson for me is to be more patient and wait until the Egg is ready. I just wanted to share this revelation in case it resonates with others.
Marietta, East Cobb, GA

Comments