Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Learn more from mistakes

I've come to the continued realization that I learn more from my mistakes than my successes. The most recent mistake was with macaroni and cheese. I make it from scratch with 2 parts Colby cheddar to one part Sharp. Starting with a bechamel with fat, flour, mustard, red pepper, and minced garlic, and building to a mornay with the cheese I was ready to bake my creation on the egg with some apple wood for smoke flavor. My mistake was two fold, first using a new charcoal and second not waiting long enough until all the VOC's burned off. What I produced tasted and smelled of the acrid chemicals instead of the mild cheese and the light smoke flavor I wanted. The lesson for me is to be more patient and wait until the Egg is ready. I just wanted to share this revelation in case it resonates with others.
Marietta, East Cobb, GA

Comments