Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

foolproof brats!

Here is the before.  Butcher stuff bratwurst to be seared, a drip pan with onion, green pepper, a beer, and dollop of butter.   I put the drip pan in while the brats sear.  Dome of 400, 5 minutes a side.  I then throw them in with the beer and veggies while it reduces.  They come out perfect every time. 

Here they are after...

Add a little tater salad and you have a pretty good little meal. I also had the Hawaiian Sweet roll hot dog buns.  They are so good!  

Here is my little helper.  She had cheerios during the cook. I had a couple beers. 

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
before1.JPG 150.2K
after1.JPG 158.5K
prep1.JPG 117.3K
taylor.JPG 114.4K
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,149
    Quick, get the sous chef fed NOW :!!
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I'm gonna try this with some Italian Sausage i have in the refrig!!  Looks great!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,211
    I will be doing some cheddar brats tomorrow.  The butcher I go to in my neighborhood makes the best damn homemade cheddar brats there are. Gonna hot tub them in some IPA, rub and onion.  Good lunch to start the afternoon.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    @yemtrey IPA is for drinking.  Light beer is for cooking  ;)  What IPA do you drink?
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
    Eggucator said:
    @yemtrey IPA is for drinking.  Light beer is for cooking  ;)  What IPA do you drink?
    Mostly Ballast Point Sculpin. But I brought home three cases of FFF Zombie Dust from my Dark Lord Day trip so I've been drinking nothing but that lately.
    I bought some Saranac mixed twelve packs for guests at my son's graduation party.  There are a couple of IPA's left from it that I'll use for the brats.
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    @yemtrey 3 Floyds is a great brewery.  Are you from Indiana?  Gumballhead and dreadnaught are great beers. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
    Eggucator said:
    @yemtrey 3 Floyds is a great brewery.  Are you from Indiana?  Gumballhead and dreadnaught are great beers. 
    I'm in Cincinnati.  I go to DL Day every year, and I have a bunch of friends in Chicago so I'm in the area quite often.
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,347
    Great looking helper @Eggucator !!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 914
    I think I agree that Sculpin might be a little too good a drinking beer to cook with. Maybe cook with big eye and leave the Sculpin for drinking...

Love Ballast Point!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·