Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

foolproof brats!

Options
Here is the before.  Butcher stuff bratwurst to be seared, a drip pan with onion, green pepper, a beer, and dollop of butter.   I put the drip pan in while the brats sear.  Dome of 400, 5 minutes a side.  I then throw them in with the beer and veggies while it reduces.  They come out perfect every time. 

Here they are after...

Add a little tater salad and you have a pretty good little meal. I also had the Hawaiian Sweet roll hot dog buns.  They are so good!  

Here is my little helper.  She had cheerios during the cook. I had a couple beers. 

LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Quick, get the sous chef fed NOW :!!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I'm gonna try this with some Italian Sausage i have in the refrig!!  Looks great!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I will be doing some cheddar brats tomorrow.  The butcher I go to in my neighborhood makes the best damn homemade cheddar brats there are. Gonna hot tub them in some IPA, rub and onion.  Good lunch to start the afternoon.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    @yemtrey IPA is for drinking.  Light beer is for cooking  ;)  What IPA do you drink?
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Eggucator said:
    @yemtrey IPA is for drinking.  Light beer is for cooking  ;)  What IPA do you drink?
    Mostly Ballast Point Sculpin. But I brought home three cases of FFF Zombie Dust from my Dark Lord Day trip so I've been drinking nothing but that lately.
    I bought some Saranac mixed twelve packs for guests at my son's graduation party.  There are a couple of IPA's left from it that I'll use for the brats.
    Steve 

• Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    @yemtrey 3 Floyds is a great brewery.  Are you from Indiana?  Gumballhead and dreadnaught are great beers. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Eggucator said:
    @yemtrey 3 Floyds is a great brewery.  Are you from Indiana?  Gumballhead and dreadnaught are great beers. 
    I'm in Cincinnati.  I go to DL Day every year, and I have a bunch of friends in Chicago so I'm in the area quite often.
    Steve 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Great looking helper @Eggucator !!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I think I agree that Sculpin might be a little too good a drinking beer to cook with. Maybe cook with big eye and leave the Sculpin for drinking...

Love Ballast Point!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI