Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BIg Green Egg Forum and Friends OBR drive commences

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577

A few weeks ago we discussed adopting a charity. After discussing this with some of the members, we suggest that we proceed with our initial drive for Operation BBQ Relief. July 19th will be our deadline giving us around 6 weeks to donate our gifts.

After working with the guys at Operation BBQ Relief we designed a great and easy way to help these guys out. The link below will provide information on their organization and their methods of helping disaster victims and volunteers. Giving is as easy as clicking the blue "donate now" button. They accept Visa, Mastercard, etc... as well as checks.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

We have our own group web page.
All donations are given DIRECTLY to OBR and completely PRIVATE.
All donations are tax deductible.
Our page will have a running tally.
Please keep your receipt for amounts under $250
Only donations over $250 receive a receipt.

100% of all gifts go directly to OBR operations ..food, equipment, trailers, upkeep, etc..
All personel are volunteers. No paid staff.
They have won several awards for their work and organizational character.
You can sign up to be a volunteer.

We added friends to our group name because we can include folks that are not members or even eggers. The link can be shared with co-workers, friends, neighbors, Facebook contacts, etc... Their gifts amounts will be added to our total givings.

Having volunteered in three separate tornado disasters i can't begin to explain the devastation. I do know that a good meal, a cold drink and an arm around you really helps victims and volunteers alike.I would ask all of us while we are egging to sit down, have your favorite beverage and look around you. Your house. Your family. Your blessings. Put ourselves in the situation of loosing these possessions or worse yet, our loved ones before we give. Whether $5 or $500 our donations will go to help people serving very needy people. Our page has a goal posted...this was not my intention but was added in by the IT personel.

Please contact me if you have any questions. If in some way you disagree with any of this PLEASE pm me. We want to keep this positive. l will try to keep this thread in the recent discussions so everyone gets an opportunity to participate. Let's show them our generosity and support...as I'm sure we will.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

Henapple

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Great work. I'm all in.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I'm in, thanks for doing this @Henapple
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 690
    I got to eat some of their Q in Moore two days after the tornado. What they do is incredible. Thanks for setting this up.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    Took 30 seconds to accomplish.  Very easy.  Thanks @Henapple.  Awesome idea.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,505
    Thanks for setting this up @henapple.  Shared the link on Facebook to try and get some friends to join in.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    Obviously you stole someone else's card... Because they accepted it.
    We're off and rolling...
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    Bump cause this thread deserves to be at the top and @henapple awesome work at getting this set up ,Thanks!!!!!!
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • StevStev Posts: 36
    Posted the link and a message on my facebook acct. I have a friend who does some competition cooking in the Denver area and  donates his time to this effort, and has  traveled to some of the disaster areas, was hoping this was the charity that was selected, its a great cause. GO BGE HEADS
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    edited June 2013
    I used to work for the South Texas Regional Advisory Council and have worked a few disasters for Hurricane Relief. I have been on the receiving end of donated meals after long shifts and it was good to get some comfort food in before we went back to work.

The entire concept of Operation BBQ Relief really hits home on many levels. My love for food (particularly BBQ) and serving people is captured by their relief. Add in my experience with Disaster Preparedness and Relief, and I couldn't be happier with the organization we've chosen to support!

Thank you for setting this up henapple! Any word from corp if they will match or contribute to this effort? If you haven't had time to reach out to them, I would be more than happy coordinate that for you. Let me know!

Lets show OBR what our community is all about!! >:/
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    I emailed their charity email address... Would it hurt for more request from the Mothership?
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,505
    Bump - taking this back to the top. Almost 300 views, but only $300 so far. Let's see if we can do better.
    Tjcoley said:
    Bump - taking this back to the top. Almost 300 views, but only $300 so far. Let's see if we can do better.
    What @Tjcoley said 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Bump - Very easy to donate
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    I'm sure folks are getting with their spouses t I see what we can give.
    No worries folks...build it and they will come.

It's only been a day and @henapple hit it on the head regarding the WAF.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 10,335
    bump!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
    edited June 2013

These videos really show the good that OBR is doing and the need. Thanks cazzy
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,677
    I did my part. Thanks @henapple

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    Bump
    Bump

edited June 2013
    Thanks for bumping guys!   Everything counts and no donation is too small!

There's no better time to get online and use your credit card than on a Saturday night when you're drinking heavily....
    henapple said:

There's no better time to get online and use your credit card than on a Saturday night when you're drinking heavily....

Wife - Honey, what is Operation BBQ Relief and why did they charge us $1000?

Husband - Oh it's a charity that we're doing on the BGE forum. Sh!t, that was supposed to be $10.00. I think I forgot the decimal point.
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,479
    I'm in too.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 3,678
    And bump.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Bump