Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIg Green Egg Forum and Friends OBR drive commences

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025

A few weeks ago we discussed adopting a charity. After discussing this with some of the members, we suggest that we proceed with our initial drive for Operation BBQ Relief. July 19th will be our deadline giving us around 6 weeks to donate our gifts.

After working with the guys at Operation BBQ Relief we designed a great and easy way to help these guys out. The link below will provide information on their organization and their methods of helping disaster victims and volunteers. Giving is as easy as clicking the blue "donate now" button. They accept Visa, Mastercard, etc... as well as checks.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

We have our own group web page.
All donations are given DIRECTLY to OBR and completely PRIVATE.
All donations are tax deductible.
Our page will have a running tally.
Please keep your receipt for amounts under $250
Only donations over $250 receive a receipt.

100% of all gifts go directly to OBR operations ..food, equipment, trailers, upkeep, etc..
All personel are volunteers. No paid staff.
They have won several awards for their work and organizational character.
You can sign up to be a volunteer.

We added friends to our group name because we can include folks that are not members or even eggers. The link can be shared with co-workers, friends, neighbors, Facebook contacts, etc... Their gifts amounts will be added to our total givings.

Having volunteered in three separate tornado disasters i can't begin to explain the devastation. I do know that a good meal, a cold drink and an arm around you really helps victims and volunteers alike.I would ask all of us while we are egging to sit down, have your favorite beverage and look around you. Your house. Your family. Your blessings. Put ourselves in the situation of loosing these possessions or worse yet, our loved ones before we give. Whether $5 or $500 our donations will go to help people serving very needy people. Our page has a goal posted...this was not my intention but was added in by the IT personel.

Please contact me if you have any questions. If in some way you disagree with any of this PLEASE pm me. We want to keep this positive. l will try to keep this thread in the recent discussions so everyone gets an opportunity to participate. Let's show them our generosity and support...as I'm sure we will.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

Henapple

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments