Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

A new toy

After reading some of the yalls post on thermometers, I decided to go with this. It was just delivered to me! Gotta read up on the instructions so I can test it out!
th.jpeg
2448 x 3264 - 2M
Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
·

Comments

• mark_08mark_08 Posts: 37

I condensed it for you:

1. Open probe
    2. Stick in meat
    3. Read temperature
    ha. Thanks! I was reading another thread yesterday where someone was getting different reads. So I figured I would skim through the instructions anyways.
    Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    edited June 2013
    Don't over-think it and don't push through protein and get reading from other side or touching bone.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Test it in boiling water if you're really curious.  I guess it's a good idea to proof your testing tools, even if they are certified calibrated.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 751
    You won't be disappointed
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,239
    bam pulling out the big guns.  first one to post the backlit version.  report back, i see a second thermapen in my future, but i need the same color i have now so I can sneak it into the drawer.
    ·