Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A new toy

Options
After reading some of the yalls post on thermometers, I decided to go with this. It was just delivered to me! Gotta read up on the instructions so I can test it out!
Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX

Comments

• mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Options

I condensed it for you:

1. Open probe
    2. Stick in meat
    3. Read temperature
    ha. Thanks! I was reading another thread yesterday where someone was getting different reads. So I figured I would skim through the instructions anyways.
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't over-think it and don't push through protein and get reading from other side or touching bone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    Test it in boiling water if you're really curious.  I guess it's a good idea to proof your testing tools, even if they are certified calibrated.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    You won't be disappointed
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    bam pulling out the big guns.  first one to post the backlit version.  report back, i see a second thermapen in my future, but i need the same color i have now so I can sneak it into the drawer.