Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

12" of Indirect Space for a 16" Brisket?

CigarSmokinEggerCigarSmokinEgger Posts: 213
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

I loaded up for the weekend with chicken, rib-eye steaks, baby-back ribs and scored a nice 10lb. brisket.

I love my egg but I wish I had more room on medium for true indirect cooks.  The diameter of the plate-setter is 12" with a true circular range of only 10".  I need to be able to get the brisket on without exposing to direct heat.  Short of trimming the flat and using for my custom grind burgers, are they any suggestions on how to fit this "beast" on a medium for a true indirect cook?  Thanks!

Comments

• lay it over an inverted roast rack until is shrinks up enough to lay flat. You can cook it over the rack the whole time if you want. Somebody  on here did one on a small that way. 
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    Or a brick or two wrapped in foil

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,598
    Just another thought is in addition to making the brisket fit, you can also increase the indirect space by using foil or drip pans.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Didn't know if a drip pan would work or not and the inverted rack is a good idea, thanks!

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,520
    When I had my medium(RIP) I used foil wrapped around the exposed edges of the grid.