Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

twist on chicken bombs. Put 2 together and stuffed em'

2 boneless, skinless thighs stuffed with diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and chedder.  Held edges together with toothpicks and wrapped in bacon.  Cooked indirect at 400 till 160 IT.

They were GREAT but the bacon wasn't crispy.  Should have probably gone direct but live and learn.  You can fit A LOT of cheese in them when you do them this way!!!
IMAG0122.jpg 1003.7K

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,576
    edited May 2013
    Very nice- cool idea.  That's a hearty chicken bomb! 

FWIW, the chicken is safe at 160, but I usually cook the thighs to about 180.  When I did stuffed chicken thighs, by the time the bacon was crisped to my liking they were almost 190. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,587
    edited May 2013
    I once did a chicken thigh roulade. Laid out a bunch of chicken thighs on plastic wrap, filled in any empty areas with more thighs and pounded them out thin. Put them on parchment, stuffed rolled and tied in the parchment. Froze a bit and took of the parchment and re-tied. It was one of the best things I ever made

Caledon, ON