Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

twist on chicken bombs. Put 2 together and stuffed em'

2 boneless, skinless thighs stuffed with diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and chedder.  Held edges together with toothpicks and wrapped in bacon.  Cooked indirect at 400 till 160 IT.

They were GREAT but the bacon wasn't crispy.  Should have probably gone direct but live and learn.  You can fit A LOT of cheese in them when you do them this way!!!
IMAG0122.jpg
1952 x 3264 - 1004K

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,907
    edited May 2013
    Very nice- cool idea.  That's a hearty chicken bomb! 

FWIW, the chicken is safe at 160, but I usually cook the thighs to about 180.  When I did stuffed chicken thighs, by the time the bacon was crisped to my liking they were almost 190. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,177
    edited May 2013
    I once did a chicken thigh roulade. Laid out a bunch of chicken thighs on plastic wrap, filled in any empty areas with more thighs and pounded them out thin. Put them on parchment, stuffed rolled and tied in the parchment. Froze a bit and took of the parchment and re-tied. It was one of the best things I ever made

Steve 

Caledon, ON