Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

twist on chicken bombs. Put 2 together and stuffed em'

Options
2 boneless, skinless thighs stuffed with diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and chedder.  Held edges together with toothpicks and wrapped in bacon.  Cooked indirect at 400 till 160 IT.

They were GREAT but the bacon wasn't crispy.  Should have probably gone direct but live and learn.  You can fit A LOT of cheese in them when you do them this way!!!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Very nice- cool idea.  That's a hearty chicken bomb! 

FWIW, the chicken is safe at 160, but I usually cook the thighs to about 180.  When I did stuffed chicken thighs, by the time the bacon was crisped to my liking they were almost 190. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I once did a chicken thigh roulade. Laid out a bunch of chicken thighs on plastic wrap, filled in any empty areas with more thighs and pounded them out thin. Put them on parchment, stuffed rolled and tied in the parchment. Froze a bit and took of the parchment and re-tied. It was one of the best things I ever made

Steve 

Caledon, ON