Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cowboy Steak 2.5LB bone in Ribeye

My favorite steak is a bone in Ribeye. Decided to actually cook one on the egg. This was my first attempt with bone in. I picked this one up at Market Street and was 2.5lb. Used a combo rub of Rasing steaks and cowlick by dizzy pig. I like my steak with a thin red line. Maybe one of the best steaks I have ever tasted. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
·

Comments

• Looks mighty tasty!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,206
    Damn!!! Looks like one I get for fathers day
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,826
    Hapster nailed it. Damn
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Awsome cook, that looks mighty tasty. 
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

What grade meat is this?  I get bone in ribeyes up North, just never look like that cut.  Looks great.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198

DROOOL!!! 

=P~
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • DeaconKavDeaconKav Posts: 84
    @irishdevil it was just angus choice from market street. worth every penny. another butcher I go to is prime, but for $ this was perfect.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,612
    Wow!  That looks great.  Publix in my area has bone in ribeye on sale for $7.99/lb.  They had a few yesterday that looked similar...not sure if  you call it a small roast or a big steak!  I might just have one for dinner tonight...thanks for the inspiration! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • Can I ask, did you use the place setter up or down or did you remove altogether?
    ·
  • @jonhalestrap sorry just getting back to you, but direct and high heat. No plate setter, on grilling steaks. I do a reverse sear on tri tip, so on that one I smoke it, then take place setter out and then sear it on both sides.
    ·
  • Well done, That steak looks perfect!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697

Awesome looking hunk o' beef, Deacon. What took you so long to cook a bone in on the Egg? I see you served it on your best China. :D

Not digin' your avitar. You ready for tomorrow night? Got my ticket and a new black Baylor shirt. It's gonna be a blackout #EveryoneInBlack

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Wow! Gorgeous hunk o' cow. All for you or did you have to share?
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • Cut that sucker open - I's gotsta know!!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • Dude cooked it in April. "I don't know where that steak'll be then but it sure won't smell too good that's for sure"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 186
    My my.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • that looks mmmmm good. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • that almost looks eatable 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • DAYUM that looks awesome
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 754

When does a steak become a roast?

When does a pigeon become a squab?.... When it goes in the oven!

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • @griffin I haven't been on here in awhile and was just replying back to a question. Lol guess I need to be on here more.

@little Steven good thing it was consumed that night. It will teach me not to respond to old questions. Lol
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    @griffin Most Georgia fans cringe when they hear about a blackout, but not me. I wish we'd do it again. Enjoy the festivities!

@DeaconKav Nice cook!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·