Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork and Cabbage -- A simple but great meal!

Was wondering if others have a recipe covering the combination of Pork and Cabbage?  This week i cooked a meal that is easy and came out very good.  It combines onions,cabbage,saurekraut,carrots and boneless country style pork ribs.  In a large 8 quart pot, i places 6 medium size onions(cut in half), then cut a large head of cabbage in eight wedges.  Then added two packages of saurekraut and three cups of sliced carrots.  This pot full of veggies was topped with three pounds of seared boneless country style ribs.  Added one twelve ounce "cheap" beer and simmered for three hours, turning the pork into the veggies the last hour.  Had some leftovers, i mean "cook aheads" tonight and had to share.  Very easy..Pork was seared direct at gasket level, egg around 350 degrees.  

Saurekraute and Pork 001.JPG
1707 x 1318 - 2M
Saurekraute and Pork 002.JPG
2560 x 1920 - 2M
Saurekraute and Pork 006.JPG
2560 x 1920 - 2M
Saurekraute and Pork 008.JPG
2560 x 1920 - 2M

Comments