Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork and Cabbage -- A simple but great meal!

Was wondering if others have a recipe covering the combination of Pork and Cabbage?  This week i cooked a meal that is easy and came out very good.  It combines onions,cabbage,saurekraut,carrots and boneless country style pork ribs.  In a large 8 quart pot, i places 6 medium size onions(cut in half), then cut a large head of cabbage in eight wedges.  Then added two packages of saurekraut and three cups of sliced carrots.  This pot full of veggies was topped with three pounds of seared boneless country style ribs.  Added one twelve ounce "cheap" beer and simmered for three hours, turning the pork into the veggies the last hour.  Had some leftovers, i mean "cook aheads" tonight and had to share.  Very easy..Pork was seared direct at gasket level, egg around 350 degrees.  

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Really like cabbage and pork. I do some awesome cabbage rolls I'll have to postnext time I make them. Your stuff looks awesome

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    ++++++ Looks great.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    That is not a cook I would have ever thought of. Now I want some. Bet your "cook aheads" are even better.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Really like cabbage and pork. I do some awesome cabbage rolls I'll have to postnext time I make them. Your stuff looks awesome
    Speaking of cabbage rolls,just put the entire cabbage in the deep freeze for a day or two then when it thaws the leaves are perfectly wilted for making cabbage rolls.Its a Neat trick.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Good comfort food, Charlie!!! Thanks for sharing

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

You don't boil it first? The last batch I made I used some Ukranian roasted red pepper sauce in the pork and itwas just really good. Sorry my spacebar is sticking and I'm getting sick of the corrections

Steve 

Caledon, ON