Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

MojoBricks

I see these sold at my local BBQ store.  Can anyone tell me whether they've had experience using the MojoBrick or similar compressed wood product and your results?  The guy at the store said you get a lot more time out of one of these blocks than out of chunks.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments

• It's just a big pellet (sawdust and corn starch). I'm sure they would work fine for whatever you need. Not sure the benefit. Wood chunks work just fine for me.

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • Yep just bigger size pellet. I prefer pellets for chicken and turkey, I only because I can easly ajust the amount of smoke, only because I just throw my chips, chunks, and pellets in. They work goid but I dont think more smoke, but hey they might. 
  • carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    I have some they work fine but you get little to no smoke ring.  The ones I have are the brick size one's so they are a pain in the butt to cut down.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,624
    God made wood for smoking.....He made pellets for rabbits.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,761
    henapple said:
    God made wood for smoking.....He made pellets for rabbits.
    No, rabbits make pellets. 
    :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.