Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

MojoBricks

I see these sold at my local BBQ store.  Can anyone tell me whether they've had experience using the MojoBrick or similar compressed wood product and your results?  The guy at the store said you get a lot more time out of one of these blocks than out of chunks.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
·

Comments

• It's just a big pellet (sawdust and corn starch). I'm sure they would work fine for whatever you need. Not sure the benefit. Wood chunks work just fine for me.

·
  • Yep just bigger size pellet. I prefer pellets for chicken and turkey, I only because I can easly ajust the amount of smoke, only because I just throw my chips, chunks, and pellets in. They work goid but I dont think more smoke, but hey they might. 
    ·
  • carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    I have some they work fine but you get little to no smoke ring.  The ones I have are the brick size one's so they are a pain in the butt to cut down.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,438
    God made wood for smoking.....He made pellets for rabbits.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,426
    henapple said:
    God made wood for smoking.....He made pellets for rabbits.
    No, rabbits make pellets. 
    :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·