Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

KC Pulled Pork Baked Beans

flemsterflemster Posts: 259
I suspect this is old hat to you but I made some beans I had to share. Cast iron Dutch oven on the egg indirect 300. When hot drop in bacon (whole to pull out later) when it gets frying drop in about 1/2 to 1 pound of pulled pork leftovers with diced onions. When the onions are clear, add 4 cans cannelini beans, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, 3/4 cup brown sugar and some woosty sauce. Then just enough sauce to make it liquid, about 2 cups. The sauce is my version of KC. Katsup, little mustard, lots of brown sugar and molasses. Cover and let it cook 30 min then uncover and reduce it a bit.
Love to hear variations people have tried. Sorry the pix are sideways. Posting from the iPhone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,742
    Like it, must try.
    Seattle, WA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Why cover it?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Mickey said:

Why cover it?

I was following a general recipe from a cook book. Do you leave yours uncovered?
    Gotta say that these were a meal in themselves with the pork

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120