Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

And so it begins... first brisket!

13»

Comments

• jbvajbva Posts: 11
    sorry but i am new, what is FTC?
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 484
    Foil, Towel ,Cooler 
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • jbva said:
    sorry but i am new, what is FTC?
    wrap in Foil, wrap that in Towels, place in a Cooler. Keeps things warm for many hours. Great for resting butts and briskets or holding them for travel. 

·
  • TxAg93 said:
    What happened when C-T let it cool in the FTC???
    you're just going to have to find out for yourself :)

Kidding.  When you let it cool a little to where it's easy to handle with your bare hands before cutting, it changes the the texture in a very good way. 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2013
    TxAg93 said:
    @TheCenTexSmoker Have you tried the Grand Champion rub by Texas BBQ Rub? Curious about it.
    I have. @cazzy sent me some a while back. I thought it was really good but it was too sweet for me. The quality is great, just wasn't my favorite flavor profile. I would try it again though. I go through phases on what I like. Right now, I'm loving the Bad Byrons. The last 3 or 4 briskets I made ad it and I got more compliments than ever. It's also when I started doing the rest and let it cool down trick but the flavor and bark texture (even after a long hold in the cooler) have been awesome since I switched to it a few months ago. i'm doing another one tonight. Just have to back that Salado brisket up so I don't forget what I did. Brisket for dinner tomorrow night.

come to think of it, I still have some of that grand champ left. I don't think enough to do a whole brisket. I say go for it though. It's really good quality stuff

What time should we get there!
    :))

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Ha Ricky!- I hope this one makes it longer than 5 minutes but I'm having 5 14 year olds over so it might not.

·
  • TxAg93 said:
    @TheCenTexSmoker Have you tried the Grand Champion rub by Texas BBQ Rub? Curious about it.
    @TxAg93- check your inbox

·
  • TxAg93TxAg93 Posts: 123
    Got it. Thanks.
    ·
    So the wife and I finally had some brisket and although, the smoke ring was minimal, it had a lot of flavor.  Good flavor penetration from the rub, not enough smoke flavor though.  Overall, if I had to grade it I'd say a solid 'B'.  
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,314
    Look's good from here!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Looks pretty good. Keep it up. The A's aren't far behind the solid B's

·
    The crazy part is that after a sixteen hour smoke, I had this much lump left.
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    We had ours earlier, it was a little dry but had really good flavor, overall it was fair, happy with first attempt.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
    ·