Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Paled comparisons Ha!

I haven't had my BGE very long, but I have cooked a number of meals on it.  Meals that exceed the offerings from various local restaurants, independents and chains.  I am now spoiled, and pass up the traditional eating out offerings that I enjoyed before using the egg.  Alas!  The egg has spoiled my palate!  But then again it is cheaper to cook it myself and get a better meal...(now if I would only tip myself!).
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR
·

Comments

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,507
    I feel the same way Dave! I am addicted.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I am often tempted to put a tip jar next to my egg. :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Its amazing how much you can tell the  difference in food after you start cooking on the egg, and you should always tip yourself,  even if it's a tip like, I should burp this egg before I open it.  :)
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,304
    You are going through the typical stages of egg ownership. Good Luck!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I do and I don't feel that way. I do feel that way about the vast majority of restaurants that serve crummy food. I don't feel that way about the places we found that serve quality vittles. We've just become more choosey about where we eat out and the frequency we do it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,880
    edited March 2013
    I'm with @fred19flintsone
    We have drastically cut our eatin out down and if/when we do eat out it is usually top notch, I'm past paying for something I can cook, and cook better. But there are still some things I love to go out and eat, also good to take the wife on dates every so often :\">

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Wilma was just saying to me, "What ever happened to Date Night?"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,414
    We don't go out nearly as often as we use to either and when we do I always order something I have never seen or cooked before. Thursday we were in Ponte Vedra beach and they had sheepshead fish over grits. Oh my it was a first for me and I will be doing this at home - it was good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 754
    double said:
    I am often tempted to put a tip jar next to my egg. :-)
    I tried this and I emptied the bank account on myself.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·