Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bacon Wrapped Pimento Cheese Shrimp

Being from Texas I love Pimento Cheese and will eat it with anything. When I was a kid would feed us Pimento Cheese sandwiches all summer long so I imagine thats what made me a junkie.  I had some shrimp I needed to get rid of and some pimeto cheese I had made over the weekend so I decided what the hell I needed to clean out the fridge before  I head off for the weekend.

Stuffed with Pimento Cheese and wrapped with bacon and then some EVOO and DP Swamp Venom. Did them at 350 Indirect till I the bacon had a slight crisp.

Did a side of asparagus dusted with DP Pineapple Express (Yes Thats what I call it) and then did up my favorite vegatable brussel sprouts in a sauce pan with EVOO and garlic.

A very solid meal.

BS.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 736K
BS1.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 745K
BS2.JPG
1632 x 1224 - 631K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments