Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GWN (Toronto area) - lump deal at Costco

Options
2»

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Now available at my local Costco!  Grabbed a few bags and will get some more over the weekend.

Have not confirmed this yet, but Lowe's in Canada will have Nature's Own, message from Basques. 
    "Thanks for writing us. As it turns out we are now listed at Lowes. The only store they have is in New Wesminster, 1085 Tanaka Rd.  We started shipping last week so they should have it now. 
    Thanks"

I noticed yesterday that the Lowes near us is selling Basques Sugar Maple lump for $15 for an 8kg bag.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    henapple said:

@foghorn...how is it?

Haven't gotten to it yet. I didn't really need any lump when I bought it - and I've only been home for 1 day since Salado as I have had to travel for work to Dallas and Santa Barbara.
    I'll give a report after I get through a bag.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    edited March 2013
    Options

Have not confirmed this yet, but Lowe's in Canada will have Nature's Own, message from Basques. 
    "Thanks for writing us. As it turns out we are now listed at Lowes. The only store they have is in New Wesminster, 1085 Tanaka Rd.  We started shipping last week so they should have it now. 
    Thanks"

I noticed yesterday that the Lowes near us is selling Basques Sugar Maple lump for $15 for an 8kg bag.
    $15 is a fair price, that's what they charged for the blue bag RO last year.  Some places in Toronto are now charging $16.99 for 9kg RO. btw, my local Costco increased its price from $11.99 to $12.69. Any chance we'll see you at TO or Niagara fest this year?
    canuckland
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    I've used that limp,  and i tell you it's junk.  I love love Costco products but i see that stuff and i quickly walk to the next pallet.   

It don't last, the pieces are small, and i swear i found some nails and hard wood flooring 
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Rzeancak said:
    I've used that limp,  and i tell you it's junk.  I love love Costco products but i see that stuff and i quickly walk to the next pallet.   

It don't last, the pieces are small, and i swear i found some nails and hard wood flooring 
    what's junk, RO or Basques?
    canuckland
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Gary,

Have not made any fest plans this year.  Toronto may be a possibility.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    henapple said:
    @foghorn...how is it?

Have used about 1/2 a bag so far.  It (Stubbs Charcoal) is excellent.  Large pieces, very little dust, no rocks.  If my opinion changes when I get to the bottom of the bag I'll let you know, but at this rate even if there is some junk in the bottom I'm still going to think this is the best charcoal option I have seen to date in my local stores.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX