Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don Marco is "crazy" awesome!

Options
Tried Herr Marco's "Crazy Chicken" rub on some split breasts tonight. This stuff smells so good and tastes awesome! I used Sweet Baby Ray's for sauce and it paired perfectly. The combination of the onion, heat, and salt in the rub gives you a nice savory note on the front of your tongue and a subtle burn on the back side that builds over time. I used some apple wood for smoke and the total package was the best barbecued chicken I have had in a long time. It tastes just like Andy Nelson BBQ's Dixie chicken. He was a safety for the Baltimore Colts and now runs a BBQ joint that is consistently voted #1 in Baltimore. The chicken he sells is legendary and now I can make it in my backyard. Pics to follow. The money shot is the last one. When your 13 month old crys because you put the leftovers away, you know you did something right.

Comments