Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

If heaven has a smell...

Then my deck is heaven! Baby Backs on the Egg. Hit em with Dizzy Dust, then a coating of brown sugar. When that melted, more dizzy dust. On the egg at 225 degrees. Also, I know this is sacrilege, but I built an Ugly Drum Smoker for the lake house. Doing my first cook on it today. Pit beef seasoned with DP Cowlick. Cold Currs Laght in hand. (Coors Lt. For those that don't speak redneck) As Phil would say, "Happy, Happy!" Pics to follow.

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    You are living the dream!

Clanton, Al LBGE
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Happy! Happy! Happy! Indeed. To bad I have to go to work.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• As they were going on.
    photo 1-1.JPG 198.5K
    photo 2.JPG 133.7K
  • what lake you at?
    Lay Lake.  We're on the Coosa Side, across from Okomo.
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Happy! Happy! Happy! Indeed. To bad I have to go to work.
    Are you in Cullman?  I think I remember yo saying you were. 
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @bham_egger yes Cullman.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    @bham_egger yes Cullman.
    If you didn't have to work come on by!
  • Well, for some reason I can't post pics, but everything came out great. Eye of round tastes excellent. It was injected with creole garlic, and it sliced up real nice. Just a tad overdone, but still great. Ribs came out perfect, 5.5 hours. Just tender enough to clean the bone with a light bite, but not mushy or falling apart. Just the way I like em. Also, for some reason I can never do a low and slow without throwing some wings on for snakin. Did about 15 with a simple buffalo sauce, and another 15 with a new sauce for me. Honey Garlic. Let me tell you that sauce was great. Basically consisted of Honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, lots of garlic, green onion, and a little cayenne. Hopefully I can get some pics up later. Happy Eggin'
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I agree I had a great smell coming off my egg all day yesterday. So nice to sit back and enjoy the smell of BBQ on the grill! Now I just need a lake house… 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.