Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holy cow look at this lump

Options
This is just a sampling from the top of the bag. Wow!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Brand?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My guess is Cowboy lump? Every time I get it it is really bit with a lot of round pieces. I have had to break up some of mine before because they were so big if the one piece burned up a third of your firebox was done.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm guessing "Best Of The West"  --- and the tree limbs are like petrified and will not burn..
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Not sure I am supposed to mention the name of a competitor. It comes in a red bag and they make cookers too.

18 bucks for a 22lb bag.

Was told it was made by Wicked Good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    "Campfire Brand" Circle the wagons and saddle up. That is B-I-G HUGE pieces of wood

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Not sure I am supposed to mention the name of a competitor. It comes in a red bag and they make cookers too. 18 bucks for a 22lb bag. Was told it was made by Wicked Good.
    Kamado Joe? If so, there is some controversy on if it is WGC or not.

If it truly is, your'e getting a great deal.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @eggcelsior you guessed it. I wasn't sure how pissy some folks might get if I mentioned the competition. They have a dealer in town and I had a little time to kill so I stopped by to see what kind of other stuff he carried. He had a half bag of the lump that I peaked inside and was like Wow! So I thought I would try a bag . He told me it was made by weekend warrior.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I don't think people should get too pissy on if it's a competitor's product, as long as that person extolling it's virtues is not doing it at the expense of something else, especially a BGE product or if they come off as a troll/shill for the company. 

Unless you get a discount coupon from Ace, it looks like you are getting the best deal on Wicked Good. I think the lowest people seem to grab it for is 20 bucks without a coupon. The best I can get it for locally is 22.99.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I cooked on a large Kamado Joe (neighbour's) before I bought my MBGE. Other than there was no dealer within a couple of hundred miles, I would have bought one. 
    Once I started to look around, decided on the medium BGE. 
    Never used KJ's lump, is this the first bag of theirs you've used? Interesting to see how the quality compares, bag to bag. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    I haven't used it before, but if it works out, I will use it again. I can't get wicked good here. The closest Ace is an hour away.